Current volunteer opportunities
February & March 2020
Sun Feb 16 – Alpine Skiing & Snowboard Qualifier – Afton Alps
Sat Feb 29 – Healthy Athletes: Healthy Hearing – Stillwater
Sat Feb 29 – Healthy Athletes: Special Smiles – Stillwater
Sat Feb 29 & Sun Mar 1 – State Poly Hockey – Stillwater
Sun Mar 15 – State Alpine Skiing & Snowboarding – Afton Alps
2020 Plunge volunteer opportunities
Alexandria – Jan 17
Mound – Jan 24-25
White Bear Lake – Jan 24-25
Willmar/Spicer – Jan 25
Vulcan Park, St. Paul – Jan 26
Maple Grove – Jan 30-Feb 1
St. Peter – Jan 31-Feb 1
Ottertail – Feb 1
Rochester – Feb 7-8
Woodbury – Feb 7-8
Duluth – Feb 14-15
Under 12 years old
Events are free, so come out and cheer on our athletes during competitions. We always love fans in the stands!
Can register alongside a parent. Please notify [email protected] if volunteer is 12-14 years old.
Can register as an individual
Group volunteer opportunities
We offer group opportunities for businesses, schools, civic groups, friends and family, etc.
Volunteer groups report improved teamwork and enhanced relationships as a result of working with Special Olympics Minnesota athletes. By joining us, your organization can showcase your social responsibility, build brand awareness, and experience an array of team-building opportunities.
Volunteer Code of Conduct
Special Olympics Minnesota is committed to the highest ideals of sport and expects all volunteers to honor Special Olympics principles. All SOMN volunteers agree to observe the following code:
- I will provide for the general welfare, health and safety of all Special Olympics athletes and volunteers.
- I will dress and act in an appropriate manner at all times.
- I will follow the established rules and guidelines of Special Olympics Minnesota and/or any agency involved with Special Olympics Minnesota.
- I will not promote religious or political beliefs or preferences while volunteering.
- I will report any emergencies to the appropriate authorities after first taking immediate action to ensure the health and safety of the participants.
The relationship between Special Olympics and volunteers is an “at will” arrangement and may be terminated at any time without cause by either the volunteer or Special Olympics Minnesota.