2021 Polar Plunge
April 9 – South Metro Plunge (Burnsville)
April 10 – South Metro Plunge (Burnsville)
April 10 – Anoka County Plunge (Coon Rapids)
April 11 – Alexandria Plunge
April 15 – Minneapolis Plunge
April 16 – Minneapolis Plunge
April 17 – Minneapolis Plunge
April 24 – Buffalo Plunge
May 1 – Grand Rapids Plunge
Spring & Summer Sports
May 22 – Regional Basketball Skills and Track & Field – Redwood Falls
May 23 – Regional Track & Field – Golden Valley (volunteer needs coming soon!)
May 23 – Regional Track & Field – Hastings (volunteer needs coming soon!)
June 8 – Regional Basketball Skills and Track & Field – Grand Rapids
In-person SOMN events have been canceled until further notice due to concerns about COVID-19. At this time we do not have any in person volunteer opportunities. We will update this page when more information is available. Email [email protected] with any questions.
Under 12 years old
Events are free, so come out and cheer on our athletes during competitions. We always love fans in the stands!
Can register alongside a parent. Please notify [email protected] if volunteer is 12-14 years old.
Can register as an individual
Group volunteer opportunities
We offer group opportunities for businesses, schools, civic groups, friends and family, etc.
Volunteer groups report improved teamwork and enhanced relationships as a result of working with Special Olympics Minnesota athletes. By joining us, your organization can showcase your social responsibility, build brand awareness, and experience an array of team-building opportunities.
Volunteer Code of Conduct
Special Olympics Minnesota is committed to the highest ideals of sport and expects all volunteers to honor Special Olympics principles. All SOMN volunteers agree to observe the following code:
- I will provide for the general welfare, health and safety of all Special Olympics athletes and volunteers.
- I will dress and act in an appropriate manner at all times.
- I will follow the established rules and guidelines of Special Olympics Minnesota and/or any agency involved with Special Olympics Minnesota.
- I will not promote religious or political beliefs or preferences while volunteering.
- I will report any emergencies to the appropriate authorities after first taking immediate action to ensure the health and safety of the participants.
The relationship between Special Olympics and volunteers is an “at will” arrangement and may be terminated at any time without cause by either the volunteer or Special Olympics Minnesota.