Welcome to the Inclusion Revolution!
Special Olympics is a global movement of people creating a new world of inclusion and community. Here in Minnesota, we serve more than 8,000 individuals with intellectual disabilities every year through sports training and competition, free health screenings, leadership training and more.
None of this would be possible without our volunteers.
Upcoming volunteer opportunities
Bocce – Woodbury
November 4, 2021
HealthEast Sports Complex
What’s it like to volunteer with SOMN?
SIGN UP FOR VOLUNTEER NEWSEnter your email address and we’ll send you upcoming volunteer opportunities, stories & highlights, and special events!
“I don’t know that I made much of an impact. The athletes impacted me. I was so impressed with their conduct, their respect for each other, for the flag during the national anthem and for me. One of them thanked me and shook my hand. They cheered each other on and were all such good sports. It was a very enjoyable time.”
Under 12 years old
Events are free, so come out and cheer on our athletes during competitions. We always love fans in the stands!
Can register alongside a parent. Please notify [email protected] if volunteer is 12-14 years old.
Can register as an individual
Group volunteer opportunities
We offer group opportunities for businesses, schools, civic groups, friends and family, etc.
Volunteer groups report improved teamwork and enhanced relationships as a result of working with Special Olympics Minnesota athletes. By joining us, your organization can showcase your social responsibility, build brand awareness, and experience an array of team-building opportunities.
Volunteer Code of Conduct
Special Olympics Minnesota is committed to the highest ideals of sport and expects all volunteers to honor Special Olympics principles. All SOMN volunteers agree to observe the following code:
- I will provide for the general welfare, health and safety of all Special Olympics athletes and volunteers.
- I will dress and act in an appropriate manner at all times.
- I will follow the established rules and guidelines of Special Olympics Minnesota and/or any agency involved with Special Olympics Minnesota.
- I will not promote religious or political beliefs or preferences while volunteering.
- I will report any emergencies to the appropriate authorities after first taking immediate action to ensure the health and safety of the participants.
The relationship between Special Olympics and volunteers is an “at will” arrangement and may be terminated at any time without cause by either the volunteer or Special Olympics Minnesota.