We have lots of great ways you can be involved with SOMN!
We currently have no positions available.
Special Events Assistant – September-December 2022
Gain experience managing projects, running events, and working collaboratively with a team while raising funds and awareness for Special Olympics Minnesota!
Responsibilities and duties
- Assist Special Olympics Minnesota’s Special Events team in planning and hosting fundraising events throughout the State of Minnesota—specifically including Polar Plunge events.
- Work on-site at events (typically Saturdays)
- Coordinate and/or perform setup and teardown
- Train and supervise volunteers
- Supervise participant registration areas
- Collect, enter, and manage registration information and paperwork
- Prepare materials, supplies, and equipment for meetings, trainings, and events
- Assist with marketing events on social media by writing copy, tracking engagement, and more
- Review and sort event photos
- Experience effectively using Microsoft 365 apps (Word, Excel)
About the job
- Seasonal position September-December 2022
- $15.00 per hour, up to 20 hours per week.
- Up to $80 per month to reimburse parking or transit fees.
- Flexible schedule for work in the office with hours typically worked Monday-Friday between 8:30 AM-4:30 PM. Some weekend and evening work will be requested.
- Primary office work location: Downtown Minneapolis. Opportunities to attend and support meetings, trainings, and/or events at other locations. Opportunities to work from home.
- Work at fundraising events required, including Polar Plunge events.
- Laptop computer provided.
About Special Olympics Minnesota
Special Olympics Minnesota seeks to improve the lives of people with intellectual disabilities through year-round sports, health, leadership, and inclusion programs.
Special Olympics Minnesota is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. SOMN does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, age, parental status, socio-economic background, military service, or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable law.
How to apply
Please email a cover letter and resume to [email protected].
Selection process will include an interview over Zoom, with an option for a second interview either on Zoom or in-person. All offers for employment will be contingent upon a background screening.
We currently have no internships available.