Area 7 Golf Competition
July 25, 2019 @ 10:00 am
10 a.m. – Start at ROCORI High School
- Skills (iron and wood shots)
10:45 a.m. – Travel to River Oaks (across the street) and complete Skills competition
11:30 a.m. (approx.) – Opening Ceremonies/Skills awards
11:45 a.m. – Lunch (be prepared to eat at 11:30 in case morning events go quickly)
12:00 p.m. (approx.) – 9-hole and 3-hole: Traditional and Unified begin
Athletes will play in light/moderate rain, but not in thunderstorm. In the event of lightning, weather will be assessed to determine whether the event will be delayed or cancelled. Player/Volunteer safety is always the most important factor in decision making. 30 minute delays as needed. If cancelled, this event will not be rescheduled.
Individual Skills – Driver/Iron shots: ROCORI High School (start here if in Skills)
Putting, Chipping, 3, 9-hole: River Oaks
This competition shall be conducted in accordance with Special Olympics rules and guidelines outlined in the Special Olympics Minnesota golf handbook (PDF).
- To get a registration score for all athletes, please be prepared to enter their average score on the course (3-hole score or 9-hole score for individual traditional golfers; a team 3-hole or team 9-hole score for Unified Pairs) as well as whether the score was earned on a par-3 course (or executive course) or a traditional course.
- Only athletes competing in Individual Skills competition need to submit an Individual Skills score.
- An athlete must have obtained an Individual Skills competition score of 40 at a competition to qualify to compete in the 9-Hole competition.
- When registering a team, set up a team (Elk River Blue, Monticello A, etc.) first (at the bottom of the registration page) and then enter the athletes and put them on the teams; otherwise it gets more complicated.