Area 5 Swimming Competition
March 27, 2019 @ 9:15 am
9:15 a.m. – Delegation check in
9:30 a.m. – Coaches meeting (location TBD)
9:45 a.m. – Opening Ceremonies
10 a.m. – Competition begins
Awards held after each event.
Lunch is on your own.
50, 100, 200 and 400 meter freestyle
50, 100 and 200 meter backstroke
50 and 100 meter breaststroke
50 and 100 meter butterfly
100 meter individual medley
4 x 25 and 4 x 50 freestyle relay
4 x 25 unified relay
The following events provide meaningful competition for athletes with lower ability levels:
25 meter freestyle
25 meter breaststroke
25 meter backstroke
25 meter butterfly
15 meter walk
15, 25 and 50 meter flotation
15 and 25 meter assisted swim
15 meter freestyle
- Athletes may enter two individual events and one relay.
- The order of events run at the competition will be based on registrations.
- Unified Relay Teams: please see the handbook for new relay substitution rules.
- The 15M Walk will not be offered at the State Competition.
- Dive starts are not allowed.
- Coaches and Athletes- Please bring pool shoes. Street shoes are not allowed on the pool deck.
- Parents and friends are encouraged to come, however they will not be allowed on the pool deck. All spectators must stay in the bleacher area.
- If you have athletes in a flotation race, the flotation device must be of the body wrap around type such that if the athlete were to not be able to hold on to the device, the device would still support the athlete with the face out of the water (flotation devices such as aqua joggers or other waist belts, kickboards, inner tubes or floats that wrap around the arms are not acceptable). Flotation device must be U.S. Coast Guard approved. Athletes with an unapproved flotation device will not be allowed to participate.