Registration is now closed.
This November, get ready to go back to school! Leadership University is a weekend-long training retreat beginning Friday afternoon and ending on Sunday. The event features multiple majors, fun elective courses and fantastic opportunities for athlete leaders to connect. Tuition without lodging fees is $30 and covers the cost of the courses and meals. Lodging is an additional $70.
Planned majors (6 course hours each, subject to change)
- 101 – Coaching Special Olympics Sports
- 102 – Volunteering
- 103 – Public Speaking
- 301 – Self Advocacy
- 501 – Networking, Recruitment, & Fundraising
- 502 – Career Development
Planned electives (1 course hour each, subject to change):
- 104 – Working with Microsoft PowerPoint
- 105 – Exercise and Fitness
- 106 – Artistic Expression
- 304 – Voter Prep
Required coursework for all students
- Financial Literacy (presented by Bremer Bank)
- Taking the next steps with your leadership skills
- Stay overnight Friday and Saturday at the Sheraton Minneapolis West (shuttles provided morning and evening between the hotel and Orono High School).
- Friday dinner, Saturday breakfast lunch and dinner, Sunday breakfast and lunch provided.
- Saturday night free time for studying (and partying!).