Area 8/9/10 Flag Football
September 24, 2017
Registration will be open until midnight on Sept. 10!
12 p.m. – Delegation check-in
12:30 p.m. – Coaches meeting (location TBD)
12:40 a.m. – Opening Ceremonies
1 p.m. – Competition begins
*Awards will be presented as divisions finish.
- The qualifying score for each Athlete/Unified Partner is an assessment score. Please reference the Flag Football Handbook (attached to the registration email or on the Flag Football page) on how to generate a score for each participant.
- Please complete and submit the Team Information Page (attached to the registration email) for each team within your delegation. This is an important tool used in the divisioning process.
- Equipment– Mouth guards are required, but pads are not. No metal or hard spikes are allowed. Participants should wear athletic shoes or plastic spikes. A one-piece, three-flag belt is used for competition, and will be provided.
- Ball Size – Intermediate (size 4)
- Roster Size – 5 minimum, 12 maximum. Rosters provided at the competition will be checked against those provided during registration.
- Gameplay – 5 vs 5 (3 athletes, 2 partners on the field at all times)
- Unified Team Sports coach ratios are the same as traditional sports. Each team still needs one non-playing Level II coach. Unified Partners are not included in the athlete count for certification ratios.
- We are now offering an Individual Skills Competition to all Area and State Competitions.