SOfit can be used at group homes, day centers, centers for independent living, community ed programs and within our SOMN delegations.
SOfit is a program that will help you improve and protect the health and wellness of people with and without intellectual disabilities. The responsibility to take care of our health is personal, but that doesn’t mean you have to do it alone.
SOfit focuses on four pillars of health and wellness: emotional, physical, nutrition and social. We do this by offering resources and funds for organizations to implement the four pillars of health that will work the best for them.
SPECIAL OLYMPICS MINNESOTA PROVIDES:
- SOfit Resource Guide
- Activity & equipment recommendations
- Funding to help implement activities (delegations may use their Centralized Account)
- Additional SOfit curriculum available by request
YOUR ORGANIZATION CAN:
- Schedule an instructor to teach a class
- Take a field trip related to a health topic
- Lead group activities with the guidebook
Want to try SOfit?
Reach out to Health Programs Coordinator Lindsey Swanson at [email protected] or 763.270.7187 and we’ll set up a meeting to discuss SOfit and how to get started.