SO Together: Cooking Class (Chocolatey S’mores Bars)
May 11, 2021 @ 1:00 pm – 1:45 pm
Invite over some friends over to play games and watch movies. Serve up these tasty treats, watch them polish off the pan and they will be asking for s’more!
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 package (10 ounces) large marshmallows
- 1 package (12 ounces) Golden Grahams cereal
- 1/3 cup milk chocolate chips, melted
In a large saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows; cook and stir until blended. Remove from heat. Stir in cereal until coated.
Press into a greased 13×9-in. pan using a buttered spatula. Drizzle with melted chocolate. Cool completely before cutting. Store in an airtight container.
- Use a butter wrapper to press the cereal into the pan.
- For a rich twist on a classic, add 1/4 cup of peanut butter to the marshmallows and stir a handful of chopped peanuts into the cereal.
- Make a s’more s’more (and lots of friends) by using one of these bars (halved lengthwise) instead of the graham cracker used in a traditional s’more.
1 bar: 159 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 197mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.