SO Together: Cooking Class (Angel Hair Pasta with Sausage & Spinach)
March 9, 2021 @ 1:00 pm – 1:45 pm
You won’t miss the marinara sauce once you taste this pasta dish flavored with chicken broth and Italian sausage. The sauce simmers away on its own without much work on your part.
- 4 Italian sausage links (4 ounces each), sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta, broken in half
- 2 packages (9 ounces each ) fresh spinach, trimmed and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
In a Dutch oven, cook the sausage, onion and garlic in oil over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add broth; bring to a boil. Add pasta; cook for 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
Gradually add spinach. Cook and stir until pasta is tender and spinach is wilted, 2-3 minutes. In a small bowl, combine the flour, pepper and cream until smooth; gradually stir into pasta mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes.
1-1/2 cups: 563 calories, 26g fat (10g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 1546mg sodium, 57g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 6g fiber), 25g protein.