Area 4 Swimming Competition
May 3, 2019 @ 5:15 pm
5:15 p.m. – Delegation check in
5:30 p.m. – Coaches meeting (location TBD)
5:45 p.m. – Opening Ceremonies
6 p.m. – Competition begins
Dinner and awards will take place in the Cafeteria after the competition.
50, 100, 200 and 400 meter freestyle
50, 100 and 200 meter backstroke
50 and 100 meter breaststroke
50 and 100 meter butterfly
100 meter individual medley
4 x 25 and 4 x 50 freestyle relay
4 x 25 unified relay
The following provide meaningful competition for athletes with lower ability levels:
25 meter freestyle
25 meter breaststroke
25 meter backstroke
25 meter butterfly
15 meter walk
15, 25 and 50 meter flotation
15 and 25 meter assisted swim
15 meter freestyle
- Athletes may enter three individual events and one relay.
- he order of events run at the competition will be based on registrations.
- Unified Relay Teams: Please see the Handbook for new relay substitution rules.
- The 15M Walk will not be offered at the State Competition.
- Dive starts are not allowed.
- We will once again be swimming the traditional way in the pool so that times earned at Area are accurate for State divisioning.
- If you have athletes in the flotation races, the flotation device must be of the body wrap around type such that if the athlete were to not be able to hold on to the device, the device would still support the athlete with the face out of the water (flotation devices such as aqua joggers or other waist belts, kickboards, inner tubes or floats that wrap around the arms are not acceptable). Athletes with an unapproved flotation device will not be allowed to participate.