Area 3 Trifecta (Swimming & Basketball)
May 11, 2019 @ 8:00 am - 2:00 pm
Area swimming and basketball competitions with powerlifting for exhibition ONLY!
Schedule will depend on athlete participation numbers.
8 a.m. – Team registration/check in (cafeteria)
8:15 a.m. – Swimming coaches meeting/Scratch meeting (cafeteria)
8:45 a.m. – Line up for Opening Ceremonies for all (sports gym)
9 a.m. – Opening Ceremonies (gym)
10 a.m. – Swimming competition begins (pool)
10 a.m. – Powerlifting exhibition begins (weight room)
10:30 a.m. – Basketball Full & Half Court competition begins (gym)
11 a.m. – Basketball Skills competition begins (gym)
11 a.m.-1 p.m. – Lunch served (cafeteria)
This is the same order as 2018. Please register your athletes accordingly. Races will not be held for athletes registered for back-to-back events.
15M Assisted Swim
30M Assisted Swim
(Lane Markers Put In)
25M Assisted Swim
100 M Breaststroke
50 M Flotation
50M Assisted Swim
400 M Freestyle
100 M Backstroke
100M Individual Medley
4x25M Freestyle Relay
4x25M Unified Relay
4x50M Freestyle Relay
4X50M Unified Relay
1. All teams MUST submit assessment scores for each athlete and a team information sheet for each team. Registrations without these scores and evaluations will not be accepted. Team information sheets must be turned in by the Errors and Exceptions Deadline.
2. The roster size is 4 minimum and 6 maximum for Half Court and 5 minimum and 12 maximum for Full Court. Rosters provided at the competition will be checked against those provided during registration.
3. Athletes may only participate in either Individual Skills competition OR a team competition event (Full Court or Half Court).
4. Please see the Special Olympics Minnesota Basketball Handbook (PDF) for more rules and guidelines.
1. Athletes may enter three individual events and one relay.
2. Events will be run in the order listed on the tentative schedule. Please enter athletes in events accordingly. Only events listed on tentative schedule will be offered.
3. The 15 Meter Walk will only be offered at Area, but NOT at the State Competition.
4. Relay Teams: All relay teams must compete as a relay at the Area competition. Substitutions for athletes or Unified Partners will not be allowed at the State Competition.
5. Please take note of the Assistance Needed categories listed and register your athletes accordingly.
6. Please see the Special Olympics Minnesota Swimming Handbook (PDF) for more rules and guidelines.
Starting 2018: NOT RUN BY SPECIAL OLYMPICS MINNESOTA
1. If an athlete will be competing in ALL the lifts (squat, bench press, and dead lift), select the event COMBINATION 2. If the athlete will be competing in the bench press and the deadlift, select the event COMBINATION 1. If the athlete will only be doing an individual lift, please select the appropriate lift (example: Bench Press).
2. A qualifying score will need to be entered for each event. For powerlifting, the qualifying score will be the athlete’s weight class.
3. Please be sure your athletes are in the appropriate weight class. Example: If a male athlete weighs 135 pounds, he should be in the 145.5 weight class. If a male athlete weighs 129 pounds, he should be in the 130 weight class.
4. Please see the Special Olympics Powerlifting Rules (PDF) for more information.