Area 3 Equestrian Competition
July 22, 2018 @ 9:30 am - 2:00 pm
Showmanship at Halter
Unified Drill Team
Pole Weaving (available at Area, not at State)
A1: Can perform all class requirements of Walk, Trot/Jog, Canter/Lope. Independent riders only.
B1: Can perform all class requirements of Walk, Trot/Jog. Independent riders only.
B3: Can perform all class requirements of Walk, Trot/Jog supported.
C1: Riders will walk only independently.
C2: Riders will walk only supported.
Sport specific guidelines: Equestrian
- For the Fall Games State Competition, athletes may enter up to three events, but must choose either English or Western. At the Area 3 Competition, athletes can enter a total of five events.
- Athletes must provide their own horse if registering for Showmanship and/or Unified Drill Team. Please let us know if you will be bringing your own horse or if you will need to use one provided by North Country R.I.D.E.
- All horses must have a negative Coggins test.
- An open mounting and dismounting area will be available. The mounting block is only accessible by stairs; there is no wheelchair ramp available for use.
- Proper footwear is required for all riders. Please consult the Special Olympics Official Equestrian Rules for proper footwear requirement.
- Helmets are required for all athletes.
- Bitless bridles will be allowed. This is a change from previous years, though was allowed last year.
- Showmanship at Halter and Showmanship at Bridle have been combined into one event. Please use the Showmanship at Halter event to enter athletes competing in this event.
- All Trail Patterns will be sent as separate attachments.