Level 2 certification is good for three years. Coaches have two options to recertify. The first option is to complete the Level 2 sports training online in the sport they wish to get recertified in. The second option is to complete one recertification course and a recertification quiz in each sport they wish to recertify in. Coaches with Level 2 sport certifications in alpine skiing, snowboarding, equestrian, gymnastics, powerlifting and tennis must recertify with Option 2 for those sports.
Coaches who are level 2 certified in multiple sports can get recertified for all of their sports at the same time. To do this, coaches must complete one recertification course and take a recertification quiz for each sport.
Recertification Option 1
Recertification Option 2
1. Attend a Recertification Course, which could be:
- First aid
- Crisis prevention
- Principles of Coaching
- A fall or spring coaches meeting
- ALPs University
- An ASEP online course
- Unified Sports Training (free online course)
- Coaching Special Olympics Athletes through ASEP ($16.95)
- Lifeguard certification
- A continuing education course
- Online concussion training (free online course)
- Introduction to Autism and Instructional Strategies for Coaching (free online course)
- Engaging Effectively With Parents
- A different course that applies to working with Special Olympics athletes
2. Complete the recertification quiz.
If you choose Recertification Option 2, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the name and proof of which recertification course you have completed before you take the online recertification quiz.